Lose the Screws and Turn on the Style
Wall Plates by Legrand
Why settle for the same boring ho-hum wall plate? Find your fashion plate and make a beautiful switch with Legrand’s adorne collection of wall plates. With 32 options, you can easily match your home’s décor while adding a personal touch to any room. From lush cast metals, rich natural materials and vibrant colors, the possibilities are endless. The best part? Legrand adorne wall plates feature a snap on design for easy installation-no visible hardware!
Have something more you in mind? Legrand’s adorne wall plates can be customized with your own unique design. Simply use your own pattern or material and cut it out! Wall paper, fabrics, paper collage, leather, photos and more! You now have a wall plate that is unique as you.
Ready to lose the screws and make a switch? Learn more about the Legrand adorne collection of outlets, switches & dimmers, undercabinet lighting and whole-home wireless systems. Visit our Showrooms in Hartford and Southington to see our interactive Legrand adorne display in action and speak with our Sales Professionals to learn more.
At the 2013 Dallas International Lighting Market, Connecticut Lighting Centers won the 2012 HomeWorks Job of the Year Award from Lutron. This prestigious annual award is chosen from entries all across North America.
Jim Meltzer, Outside Sales Manager, was responsible for designing a whole-home lighting control system for an exclusive 18,000 square foot home using the Lutron HomeWorks QS system. HomeWorks QS is a sophisticated system that offers peace of mind with state of the art whole-home controls that are easy to use, have energy saving benefits and easily integrates with third party systems.
The Award-Winning HomeWorks QS Project Included:
- 233 zones that are controlled by Remote Power Modules, Hybrid Keypads, wireless switches, wireless dimmers and even a control for holiday decorations.
- 43 keypads, three table top controls and a garage entry system.
- 29 countdown timers in the closets and mechanical rooms.
- A variety of motorized shades including roller shades and venetian blinds for windows and entries for privacy and sun remediation.
The HomeWorks QS system in this home is still growing with requests for added controls. The latest request is to integrate a Pentair pool system that can be controlled by the Lutron HomeWorks QS system.
“The monumental task of programming 288 buttons, the garage entry, and all of the time clock programs ended up being great fun. Seeing the homeowners reaction to how this system works reminds me of taking a kid to Disney for the first time,” said Jim.
Jim has over 40 years of experience in the lighting industry and his specialties include Whole-Home Lighting Controls, Landscape Lighting and Custom Lighting Design.
“We are very proud of Jim. His efforts have earned Connecticut Lighting Centers two prestigious awards including the 2011 Five-Star Showroom of the Year by Lutron. His passion and knowledge for Lighting Controls is an extremely valuable asset,” said David Director, President and Owner of Connecticut Lighting Centers.
Want to learn more about Whole-Home Lighting Controls and shades for your home or business? Visit our showrooms and see these systems in action with our Interactive Lutron display. Our lighting experts can explain how they work, how to install and which option is best for you.
So much more than lighting!
About Connecticut Lighting Centers
Just click your heels three times and you will find what you need. No, you are not in Kansas. You are at Connecticut Lighting Centers, New England’s largest display of Lighting, Fans, Decorative Hardware and Home Accents and a one stop shopping store for your home. There is no place like our showrooms. Here, you have endless choices, options and surprises at every turn.
- A new Decorative Hardware Showroom that includes over 1,000 sq ft in our Hartford location with thousands of hardware products to cater to all your hardware needs including door hinges, door closures, keyless entries, cabinet hardware, bath accessories, switch plates, grab bars, push plates, pull plates, pocket door locks, flush pulls, edge pulls, surface bolts, kick plates and so much more! Our Southington location also has a newly added Decorative Hardware display.
- Our newly expanded Fan Display and Mirror Gallery in our Hartford location with over 150 fans and over 100 mirrors
What We Carry:
- Lighting fixtures: Chandeliers, pendants, sconces, track & recessed lighting, table and floor lamps, bath lighting, undercabinet lighting and outdoor and landscape lighting
- Motorized window shades
- Lighting control systems and home automation
- Switch plates & dimmers
- Bath ventilation fans
- Decorative and functional hardware
- Door chimes and push buttons
- Bath hardware
- Restoration and repair
- The best LED bulbs on the market
- Lamp shades: Basic lampshades, fancy lampshades, mini & chandelier lampshades and glass lampshades
- Lamp and fixture parts
- Lighting Accessories (finials, decorative wire, pull chains and crystal cleaner)
- Intercom systems
- Ceiling & table fans
- Wall clocks
- Mail boxes
- Outdoor poles
- Accent furniture
- All types of light bulbs
- Vintage Lighting
- All types LED lighting
- Wall Mounted Fireplaces
- Door Bells, door chimes & knockers
- Bath heater bulbs
- Outdoor Sensor spot lights
- Wall Art/Pictures
- Wine Holders
- Decorative accents
- And much more!
Looking for more heart and feeling? “Follow the Yellow Brick Road,” or as we call it the “Lighting District Road” to Restoration Lighting Galley, located across the street from the Connecticut Lighting Centers Hartford Showroom. Step in and you will experience a whole new world of lighting. Our Expert Craftsmen bring almost anything to light by restoring, repainting, refinishing, and repairing rare, one-of-a-kind lighting fixtures from all over the world. These pieces have heart and will make even a man made of tin feel whole.
Feeling overwhelmed with the choices? Our Sales Professionals include experienced lighting, hardware and home decor professionals whose number one priority is serving our customers’ every need. We invite you to come visit any of our three showrooms for a one-stop shopping experience. You do have to find a way to get here. Wishing you were here only works in movies. We hope to see you soon!
Now that football season has kicked off, it’s time to make sure your media room lighting brings comfort, entertainment and enjoyment.
Layered Lighting Makes a Room Just Right
Whether watching a movie or the big game, you want your big screen TV to look its best. By lighting a room in layers, the setting can be just right for whatever is being viewed.
Lighting in layers means to use at least three different types of fixtures to create different types of light. For example, a room with recessed downlights, a decorative fixture in the center of the room, and wall sconces on one wall is defined as having three layers of light. Each of the three fixtures should be controlled by separate switches with dimmers. Creating light layers does not have to be expensive or complicated.
Create Your Perfect Entertainment Room With these Simple Steps
To light a room in layers, begin by making a list of the different types of activities that will take place in the room, such as watching TV, reading, shooting pool, playing board games and hosting guests. Once the room’s purpose is defined, follow these three steps:
- Start with general room lighting in the ceiling, which can be achieved either through a large fixture in the center of the room or recessed cans, and put them on a dimmer. If the room has a large game table, hang a larger fixture above to eliminate shadows.
- Light the sitting areas with floor and table lamps. This will create brighter and more focused light for reading, conversing, etc., while the light from above will be soft and scattered.
- Add task and accent lighting to the bar or small table areas. This can be achieved with two or three hanging mini pendants and perhaps toe-kick lighting under the cabinets and below bar stools. Cove lighting around a ceiling is nice for ambiance. Consider illuminating the inside of cabinets to highlight collectibles.
-Article courtesy of American Lighting Association-
Switch it up with our new line of decorative Connecticut-Made switch plates by Colonial Bronze.
Colonial Bronze is a local company in Torrington, CT that has been crafting superior decorative hardware and switch plates since 1927. All the switch plates are certified green and made from 95% recycled solid brass. They come with a lifetime tarnish free finish guarantee.
You can easily match your home’s décor with forty finishes to choose from including brass, copper, pewter, chrome, nickel and satin black. And, you can really switch things up with twenty-five Edelman leather wrap options (see gallery below for all leather wrap options)! The switch plates come in four designs – Square Deco, Colonial, Arlington, or Square Bevel. They also come in any combination of cut outs to fit toggles, GFI, Decora, outlet, cable and phone jack covers.
Designing your own switch plate is easy as 1-2-3:
1. Choose any one of four styles
2. Create any combination of cut outs
3. Choose a finish
Adding new switch plates is a quick, easy and inexpensive way to enhance the aesthetic of any room. You will be amazed at the difference that a few new switch plates can make. We invite you to check our new switch plate displays by visiting our showrooms. Before you visit, view our finishes and leather wraps below.
Leather Switch Plate Options
Any lighting expert will tell you that no detail is too small when it comes to great lighting for your home. One of the most important finishing touches when doing lighting is choosing the right switch plate. Lutron offers stylish, easy to install screwless switch plates.
These stylish switch plates come in a satin or gloss finish—providing a clean seamless look that will enhance the look of your home. With a snap on design, they are easy to install and have no visible hardware. They also come in over 40 colors to match every room and décor.
Looking for a more organized way to install multiple switch plates? Lutron’s screwless switch plates are available with multiple openings. Whether you have one or six openings for your light switches, plugs and more, you can freshen up the look of your home in minutes!
Come see our display of screwless switch plates at Connecticut Lighting Centers’ showrooms in Hartford and Southington.